For the last nine years, the High Plains Drifters Fly Fishing Club has sponsored an annual Kid’s Day Fly Fishing event. During this event, kids from 6 thru 14 learn about fly fishing. The event begins at the Department of Wildlife Kassler Classroom in the old town of Waterton at the mouth of Waterton Canyon. Go south on Wadsworth or get off C470 at the Wadsworth exit to go south on Wadsworth. Continue to where the road splits and take the left turn just before the Lockheed-Martin entrance. Continue to where you can see the Green Top buildings. Park in the lot on the North side of the road. There will be signs and people to direct you. The Kassler Classroom is on the South side of the road.
For 2010 The Event will be June 19th and includes:
- Class is limited to 50 students age 6 thru 14. All students must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian.
- Special Presentation by Guide Landon Mayer
- Fish Identification
- Stream Entomology display by the Butterfly Pavalion
- Learning How to Roll Cast
- Fly Tying Demonstration
- Fly Fishing Knots
- Fly Fishing Gear that is typically used
- Practice Roll Casting Session Outdoors
- Fishing in a nearby Private Lake.
- Free Lunch (The Important part for a kid)
- Cost is $15 per Participant and must be received at the address in the Kids Day 2010 PDF by May 16, 2010
- Download the 2010 Kids Day PDF (Right Click and Save Target As – Save to your Desktop)
- See the High Plains Drifters Website www.hpd-fff.org
- Enroll your child now and avoid the rush.
- Spend some quality time with your kids at the HPD Kids Day Fly Fishing Event 2010
Tight Lines and Good Fishing,
Everything you need for fly fishing
The Stores at Fly Fishing Colorado
Alaska Trout Fishing Information
Click Slide to advance to next one or wait for automatic advance.
no images were found
- Colorado Fly Fishing Conditions Bear Creek 5/3/10
- Fish Creek Brightwater 7ft 6in 4 wt 4pc Fly Rod Sale and Review