M60 Fly Reel Review
The M60 Fly Reel by Stone Creek is a solid designed large arbor reel machined from areospace bar stock aluminum. This reel has a sealed disc drag system and runs on 3 stainless steel spindle bearings for years of trouble free operation. There are no plastic parts or bushings used in the construction of the M60. The reel has an exposed palming rim to help control a running fish. The 3/4 weight holds a standard fly line and about 40 yds of 20lb. braided backing. The 5/6 weight holds a fly line and about 80yds of 20lb. backing.
This Excellent Machined Reel
- Machined from aerospace bar stock aluminum for strength.
- Spool runs on 3 sealed stainless steel ball bearings for years of maintenance free operation
- No plastic parts or bushings
- Easy left to right hand retrieve conversion
- Quick spool release yet spool is firmly attached to prevent accidental release
- Dependable disc drag
- Easy to reach drag adjustment knob with infinite adjustments from full lock to no drag
- From full lock to no drag in one turn of the drag knob for fast adjustments
- Exposed Palming Rim on Spool for Extra Control of a Running Fish
- Comes with neoprene reel case
- MSRP Starting at $170. But see our prices.
For more info about More Information on the M60 Fly Reel and other special information on fly lines.
Editor Note: I have owned and fished an M60 3/4 wt fly reel since Jan 2007 on a 7.5 ft 4wt Fish Creek fly rod. The reel balances out the rod nicely. I have found this to be an excellent reel for the money. It works great for the smaller streams I love to fish. My M60 has helped to land many fish over the last 3 years. The reel has held up well and shows no appreciable wear and tear. I expect to get many more years of service from this reel.
Shipping: We ship USPS Priority Mail unless another option is chosen, insured and signature confirmation on fly rods, reels or expensive items.
- Expedition Fly Reel Review
- The Free Ride is Coming to an End